Software Development Engineer 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are seeking software engineers in Orlando as part of a core team developing DirectX/Direct3D drivers for AMD desktop/laptop systems. This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. You will be working with the very best in our technology, on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer, including Cloud Gaming, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Ray Tracing, Direct3D 12, and new game titles.
We have competitive benefit packages and award-winning culture. Join us!
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Understands how Ray tracing works in the DX12 API
- Attention to details while still being able to execute and deliver on time.
- Enjoys team environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate knowledge and share information.
- Passionate about learning, good software engineering, problem solving, and new technologies.
- Developing DirectX drivers and other graphics software running on Microsoft Windows.
- Debugging and performance tuning for games and workstation applications.
- Collaborating with ASIC design engineers and hardware/software architects, OS engineers and peers in related development teams.
- Excellent experience in C/C++ programming.
- Solid knowledge of Graphics fundamentals, GPU graphics pipeline and shaders.
- Experience in at least one Graphics API: Direct3D, OpenGL, or Vulkan (preferred).
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture and organization
- Familiarity with multi-threading and concurrent programming
- Windows development and performance knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field ( Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics)
Requisition Number: 173441
Country: United States State: Florida City: Orlando
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.