Software Development Engineer
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we're solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role
On the Core Mobile Team, we help Mobile Developers across Twitch to build experiences that feel native to the mobile app and help mobile users feel like they can be part of the Twitch community by lowering the barriers to participation. You will work in a native app, used by millions of users each day, with modern technologies like Kotlin, RxJava, MVP and Coroutines.
You will report to Product Core's Director of Engineering.
Location: Remote Friendly (US/Canada), with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Seattle.
- Develop and deliver new product and platform features for our Android platform
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase the teams effectiveness
- Contribute to team planning and design discussions
- Communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- One year+ development experience building Android app(s) that have been deployed to the Play Store
- Proficiency with Kotlin, Java and the Android development ecosystem
- Experience writing secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects
- Experience working on an Android or mobile software engineering team
- Familiarity or Experience working with GraphQL APIs, CI / CD, or AWS
- Familiarity or Experience with Android frameworks or Network Protocols
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8142
#EarlyCareers #LI-Remote #RemoteFriendly
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.