Software Development Engineer, New World
Apr 01, 2023
Irvine, United States
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Experience publishing live services on AWS
Please have a look at our New World Trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnUBs-Ko44&feature=youtu.be
The DevOps/Control Plane team is looking for an L5 engineer to help us build out the next generation of infrastructure to support New World. The team is responsible for the global infrastructure supporting the game servers, the automated deployment of game updates and the interface for managing those deployments, and internal infrastructure supporting various game teams including engineers, QA, publishing, customer service, release management, and live operations.
What you'll do:
• Build and maintain deployment services, minimizing player downtime while increasing deployment reliability.
• Update legacy systems to take advantage of new technology and automation.
• Improve existing interfaces with a focus on Customer Obsession.
• Leverage AWS technologies to design and implement world-class infrastructure and software for existing and future titles and platforms.
• Work directly with game teams to design and implement solutions for increased team efficiency through process improvement and validation.
• Build and architect high-efficiency systems and processes for real-time monitoring of system security, performance and stability.
• Be an advocate for internal and external customers: Insist on the highest standards, drive operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Game industry experience working on PC and/or console games
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.