Software Development Engineer(179365) 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD AECG team has an opening for a software Engineer to develop high performance I/O software for compute, storage and network acceleration in hyperscale, virtualized datacenters.
Responsibilities include specification and development of Embedded Software for use in Linux and standalone products. This will involve designing and implementing software subsystems for SmartNIC solutions. We are seeking a fast learning, dynamic engineer eager to develop their skills working with the latest technology.
Experience designing and working with modern Continuous Integration and deployment solutions .
· 3+ years supporting CI solutions.
· Strong troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment .
· Hands-on expertise in DevOps or CI/CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus , etc. Experience with dockers is a big plus.
· Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language such as Python and scripting in shell etc.
· Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc would be helpful.
· Experience in Artifactory is desirable.
· Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done.
· Experience with Testing Tools and methodologies
Iterative Software Development
- Demonstrates software development skills and proficiency on coding projects within assigned area of responsibility
- Iteratively codes, debugs, and creates regressions to ensure that code performs as specified with good coverage
- Documents code to within acceptable standards for the organization
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to learning and problem-solving, seeking out and leveraging the talent of others when necessary (e.g. mentoring, code reviews, etc.)
Software Enablement (Tools & Methods)
- Demonstrates effective usage of technical communication and posting tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint)
- Demonstrates and applies competency of software development concepts and methods (e.g. data structures, algorithms, Agile methodology)
- Demonstrates and applies competency of software coding
- Demonstrates and applies competency of software build, analysis and debug tools (e.g. gdb, Trace32, Valgrind, Coverity, etc.)
- Proficient with the use of software defect tracking process
B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science Engineering
Experience: 3+ years
Requisition Number: 179365
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Design