Software Development Intern
Job Title:Software Development Intern
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our franchises. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Some of the technologies we use are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a huge impact on what we do. We’ve had interns produce code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
- Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next ‘Call of Duty’
- Developing plugins and extending our automation framework
- Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems
- Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform
- Crafting and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
- Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Crafting tools to automate all the things
- Excellent programming skills
- A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Can identify sophisticated problems and find simple solutions
- Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English
- Understanding of SQL−based databases (MySQL preferred)
- Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP
- Experience with multi−platform software development
- Experience with security and scalability
- Experience developing REST web services
- Experience with Kubernetes and golang
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any exciting school assignments you worked on, any open-source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.