Software Engineer 2
Software Engineer 2
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the tools development and automation team supporting several EA studios within the AROWS group.
This Software Engineer role in the Quality Engineering organization works with Quality Assurance and Game Development teams to create tools and technical strategies. The goal is to improve automation infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Game Development and QA processes.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use EA proprietary tools to create unique automated tests, form test strategies for implementation of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
- Role Summary:
- Build sustainable software tools, tests, and services to empower development teams, and Quality Assurance.
- Use modern software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- You will work with all disciplines to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions, and implement.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets across a small team of engineers.
- Create clear documentation to support workflow processes.
- Develop automation frameworks, tools, engine components and processes used across studios.
- Design, author, test, and deploy automated tests to cover all test scenarios
- Interpret requests from your QA and engineering partners, account for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- 3+ year experience in a hands-on development role.
- 1+ years of professional development experience with JS and AngularJS.
- 1+ years of professional development experience with scripting languages like Python.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- Experience working on an agile team to deliver technology.
- Contributor to technical architecture and design documents for small/medium sized features
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.