Software Engineer 3
Software Engineer 3
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the tools development and automation team supporting several EA studios within the AROWS group.
This Software Engineer role in the Quality Engineering organization works with Quality Assurance and Game Development teams to create tools and technical strategies. The goal is to improve automation infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Game Development and QA processes.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use EA proprietary tools to create unique automated tests, form test strategies for implementation of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
- Role Summary:
- Build sustainable software tools, tests, and services to empower development teams, and Quality Assurance.
- Use modern software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- You will work with all disciplines to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions, and implement.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets across a small team of engineers.
- Create clear documentation to support workflow processes.
- Develop automation frameworks, tools, engine components and processes used across studios.
- Design, author, test, and deploy automated tests to cover all test scenarios
- Interpret requests from your QA and engineering partners, account for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- 7+ year experience in a hands-on development role.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, C++.
- 1+ years of professional development experience with scripting languages like Python.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- Experience working on an agile team to deliver technology.
- Contributor to technical architecture and design documents for small/medium sized features
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $147,400 - $199,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.