At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play.
In your role as Software Engineer, you will be a hands-on individual contributor, working with a strong team and depending on requirements, provide a set of varied technical capabilities that can include APIs, web applications, design systems, client applications, and publishing pipelines. You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager as a core contributor to the EAX team based in EA Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services spanning across multiple platforms. You will build APIs behind consumer experiences that power EA's games, ensuring more personalized, socially connected, and engaging gameplay.
You're someone with a track record for:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or 2 years of relevant experience
- Develop APIs to meet a product teams requirements
- Technologies including TypeScript and NodeJS
- Work with technical directors and engineers to coordinate work and meet goals
- Collaborate and champion the culture of performance, maintainability, quality and automation in your scrum team
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design tested, reusable, and modular code
- Work with technical product owners throughout the development process
- Have passion for our customers and for your craft
- Make decisions based on data while documenting your insights and best practices
- Find your way. You've got experience that helps you work and succeed in an organization
- Be part of a distributed scrum team conformed by multiple disciplines
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!