The Proton Team is part of the Quality, Verification, and Standards engineering team which develops and maintains automation and tools that support game development and Quality Assurance processes for EA's games.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in web development with UI/UX experience to help build our internal web applications which are used by EA's game teams to capture and analyze quality issues. You will report to our team's Engineering Manager and work with our team's technical director and software development team.
Daily development includes working on our applications built on TypeScript and Angular, contributing to our tests built on Jasmine and Karma, and providing UI/UX direction to give game teams a streamlined experience when using our applications. You will have the option to work onsite, hybrid, or fully remote from our Vancouver EA office.
You bring the following experience to our team:
- Experience providing UI and UX feedback and direction for software applications.
- Experience with CSS and HTML. We don't do anything flashy, like animations, but knowing the tools for laying out pages, designing intuitive forms, and organizing and presenting data will be important.
- Experience with Git (or a similar version control system).
Team and Non-Technical
- Work directly with users to solicit feedback on the features in applications to help give them an optimum experience.
- We are a tight-knit team who place an emphasis on having a safe and open culture. We would ask that you can respectfully discuss opinions and ideas with your colleagues, be open to new ideas and different perspectives, and challenge the team when you have an idea you think we should consider.
- Your team will be big on documentation to share knowledge, explain technical decisions, and capture technical proposals. Be comfortable writing documents to share knowledge and propose ideas to the team.