Software Engineer, Automation and Configuration - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programmers, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As part of EA Sports FC, the team is responsible for the automation and configuration management for the Server side that uses Java and MySQL. As the Software Engineer and reporting to the Development Director, you will create automation on the development process and explore new technologies and tools. You will join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise.
• Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
• Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams.
• Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
• Provide configuration management expertise to the FC Server Development team
• Documentation and training
• 6 years’ experience in Java and MySQL.
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ant, etc.)
• Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
• Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations