Software Engineer, Backend
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
- Contribute to the core systems that powers our backend services for millions of concurrent users.
- Drive the qualitative aspects of the backend services, like performance, scalability, observability, reliability and security.
- Support multiple titles, with various levels of technical maturity, in integrating our services.
- Work with product management, design, and other technology teams to develop a long-term roadmap.
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following languages for backend development: Java, Go, Erlang or Typescript.
- Experience in building and deploying systems on top of AWS and/or GCP.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service environment.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.