EA Sports FC is the most popular and bestselling sports video game in the world, providing unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans.
Ultimate Team is a mode within EA Sports FC that lets you build your dream squad, play matches to earn Coins, use the Transfer Market to buy and sell Player Items, and create your Ultimate Team to make your mark on the pitch.
Behind the scenes, Ultimate Team is a live service with multiple platforms (console clients, PC, comp app, web app) working with online services to make the mode a success. In this context, Java Server Engineers are involved in the server development process from architecture and technical design to implementation, debugging on multiple platforms, working on complex problems (big data, load, up-time, commerce) alongside Designers, Producers and other Engineers.
You will work on the development of Ultimate Team by implementing new features and maintaining existing ones. The features developed by Java Server engineers provide backend functionality for multi-platform, user-facing clients and internal tools within our team. You will collaborate within a large team, both local and across other EA studios (Bucharest and Vancouver). You will report to the Development Director.
The working model for you will be Hybrid, located in our Bucharest office.
- 3+ years of experience developing Java object-oriented software
- Java programming skills
- Experience working on backend services/servers (REST APIs over HTTP).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Java 8
- Unit/ Mock Testing (J-Unit, Mockito)
- Continuous Integration CI/CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Apache Maven/Gradle
- Basic Linux/shell commands.
- Experience with design patterns; Microservices, domain-driven design