Software Engineer (C++), FiveM
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer who possesses a strong interest in all the low-level technology that makes a modern video game tick to support the Cfx.re creator platforms, including FiveM and RedM. As a member of our team, you will need a critical and creative eye capable of putting forth innovative solutions to complex problems. If you like to understand how things really work “under the hood” of your favorite games, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in London.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver a technology platform that enables players to experience community created content on fully customized dedicated servers where creators can develop their own game modes and other modifications in a variety of scripting languages.
- We create technology, tools, and solutions to enhance the creator experience and empower our community to create and share any experience imaginable.
- Implement new core technologies necessary to realize the vision of our products.
- Maintain existing and new codebases and support the development teams using them.
- Work with internal and external developers to execute on our product visions.
- 3+ years of experience on a software development team using C++.
- An understanding of computing fundamentals and related terminology.
- Demonstrable experience with C/C++ programming.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code.
- Understanding of memory layout considerations as related to padding and cache efficiency.
- Understanding of code performance considerations, including “big O” notation as related to algorithmic complexity.
- Analytical skills geared towards the measurement of system performance, memory use, etc., plus the communication skills needed to generate solutions.
- Multi-threaded programming skills. Experience in creating multi-threaded programs.
- Ability to collaborate positively with other departments across Rockstar studios.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic/passionate about games and curious about how things work.
- Experience optimizing complex programs.
- Experience with crash dumps.
- Experience with 3D math.
- Experience with common graphics APIs (such as Direct3D, OpenGL, etc.).
- Experience in developing C++ applications for multiple runtime environments.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.