Software Engineer, Career Mode - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Career mode software engineers work on the FIFA most played offline mode. As part of this team, you will help develop the tech, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with working on new features every year.
You’ll have the chance to work in a dynamic team and develop interesting features.
- You will design new features or new additions to existing features within Career Manager, Career Player and all types of Tournament modes.
- You will work with Production, Game Designers and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications. Propose tech solutions for low to medium complexity features and discuss them with the team lead.
- You will monitor performance and Career Mode stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise. You will investigate complex and hard to debug issues and provide tech solutions for addressing them.
- You will manage your piece of feature/ sub-feature entirely. This often means you will be in charge of implementing the core logic, game flows and UI screen plus any UI custom components.
- You will report your progress to the Career Mode's lead and team manager.
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused on bringing high-quality features, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles.
- 3+ years experience in C++ software development.
- Experience debugging complex bugs through multiple techniques.
- Experience adapting to existing multiple coding styles.
- Experience embracing challenges and find creative ways to overpass them.
- Experience in ActionScript or open-minded to learn the basics of it.
Nice to have:
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL.
- Experience working within an agile team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.