Software Engineer Co-Op (NHL)
Feb 11, 2023
Software Engineer Co-Op – NHL
What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA Soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, UFC mixed-martial arts, and more.
- Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own a tech module
- You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and devices.
- You will be working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code
- You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
- You will work independently and communicate status
- You will identify, communicate and solve issues
- Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
- Works well with high-level technical guidance and quickly adapts to changing code bases and problems.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Flexibility and ability to quickly ramp up on existing code bases.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).
- Strong understanding of C++