Software Engineer Co-Op (UFC)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the thrilling spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through cutting-edge gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
On the EA SPORTS UFC team, co-ops will be matched to a mentor. There will be ample opportunities to learn and use our cutting-edge technologies and be part of the journey to bring the next UFC game to life. You will be empowered to bring your own ideas to the table, solve some really challenging problems and achieve your goals. In addition to contributing to a game that reaches to millions of players, interns will also have the opportunity to experience our diverse and inclusive culture and learn from some of the most brilliant minds in the industry.
- Design and develop technical solutions for features in areas such as gameplay mechanics, AI, animation, online/offline game modes and performance.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Working towards a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions.
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.