Software Engineer Co-Op
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At EA we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Software Developer that will shape the technology that powers creation. You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
- Building innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
- Focusing on quality and maintainability
- Implementing features to specifications while working collaboratively with a small team of software engineers
- Build secure systems for high performance and high scalability
- Monitor, analyze and collect data about system performance
- Work closely with the engineering and DevOps teams on best practices
- Research and integrate new technologies
- Be accountable for the overall health, quality, maintainability and style of the codebase
- Pursuing a BS Student in Computer Science or other relevant degree
- Understanding of how browsers and DOM work
- Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services
- Experience in one or two frontend Frameworks (such as React, VUE, Angular) and UI frameworks (Material, Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Development experience with a backend technology in either Java, C#, .NET, Go, Node.js
- Database design and development experience with SQL or NoSQL technologies
- Appreciation for UI/UX, software craftsmanship, architecture and design patterns for writing flexible, robust and testable code
- Experience with client/server architecture
- Experience with source code management (Perforce, Git)
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Have fun!