Software Engineer Co-Op
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
EA’s Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for an Operations Engineer. You will report to a Director of Engineering and support scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on new improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance and operationally ready.
We are seeking C++ Engineers who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics - Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems
- Core Engine - Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory & performance optimization
- Tools and Libraries - World editors, video & audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems and general purpose game-development libraries
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- C++ experience is mandatory
- C# and Python experience is desired but not critical
- Excellent communication, writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, project requirements and continuous feedback
- Personal game or domain expertise projects are highly desirable