Software Engineer Co-op
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a member of the Editor Framework team, you will work on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. You will build robust libraries and services that can be used across various domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators.
What You'll Do:
- You will develop components that are part of a larger framework that our clients use to develop editors in our desktop application.
- You will work closely with engineers on the team to learn patterns and designs that are used.
- You will help with porting old components to a new system (ex: porting property editors in a property grid tool.).
- You will investigate and fix bugs in our code base.
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- You have a working knowledge in C#
- You have knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design, SOLID principles.
- Experience developing, testing, and debugging code
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024
We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada on a full-time basis during the 16-week Co-op. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.