Software Engineer - Desktop Application
Who We Are
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver, while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over Powerpoint.
A Software Engineer on the D2C team will develop our desktop launcher application and build easily integrated, efficient libraries to support game studios across Take-Two’s labels and around the world. You will be working with system level code, mostly in C++, to help craft systems that will reach millions of gamers on multiple platforms.
As a member of the D2C Client team, you will work directly with top-notch engineers, product managers, and development partners at game studios to ensure the flexibility and efficacy of our desktop application and client libraries. You will participate in ambitious projects involving graphics APIs, console and operating system SDKs, and launcher application features such as in-game overlay and digital rights management.
- Write and maintain well documented, high quality C++ code for multiple projects
- Build tests and integration tooling to ensure high quality code in an agile environment
- Collaborate on technical designs to meet product team, technical partner, and end user needs
- Research and propose solutions to problems across a broad range of topics, such as UI rendering, client-server communication, performance optimization, and more
What you bring
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Experience in modern C++, multithreading, API/SDK design, and client-server applications
- Experience with unit, integration, and functional test design and implementation
- Strong debugging skills, and the ability to quickly chart a path from bug report to viable solutions
- Ability to analyze and optimize code to meet strict performance requirements
- Drive to proactively find opportunities for improvement in our systems and take action on them
- Ability to work with minimal direction, prioritizing and adapting to the needs of the team and leadership adeptly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Great to have
- Experience with C#
- Experience working with game engines and/or gaming console SDKs
- Experience with frameworks that employ web technology in application design, such as CEF and Electron
- Experience with DirectX 9+, OpenGL, Vulkan and other graphics rendering technologies
- Experience in game and desktop video and audio capture, encoding, and/or streaming technologies
- Experience in Win32, MacOS, and Linux application development
- Solid understanding of Git, CI/CD, and build automation
- A passion for performance and providing extraordinary end user experience
- A history of self-motivation and self-improvement throughout your career
What We Offer You
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!