Software Engineer - DICE Quality Engineering
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with Battlefield 2042 being the latest installment.
The Opportunity Ahead
Join us for an opportunity to work with one of the best game development teams in the world.
As an engineer within the DICE Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organization, you will report to the DICE QVE Engineering Manager and help ensure that our games will be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation platforms to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
Your role will be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. While also using automated testing, workflow tools, development services and data insights to promote industry-defining game quality by identifying defects earlier, building confidence to support high-quality games changes and getting as much information as possible to fix defects, working together with the game development teams within the Studio..
You will partner with colleagues and peers as a part of a greater organization that shapes the technology necessary to provide essential services to Studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development.
What a Software Engineer for the QVE Team does at EA DICE
You will work with other teams to understand and analyse requirements, problem areas and translate them into technical designs, which are reviewed and agreed upon by relevant parties.
- Contribute technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automation services and infrastructure.
- Contribute design of underlying storage schema, interfaces, and plan for capacity.
- Implement features in code with testing to empower change.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from managed systems and resolve problems.
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review your peers code and share feedback to foster knowledge sharing and readability of code.
- Contribute to Test Hardware Infrastructure maintenance and operations.
You will be working at the offices located in Stockholm with the possibility to hybrid work 2 -3 days a week.
- You have 5+ years of experience with C# and solid computer science background
- You have experience with automated testing services, systems and methodologies for automated software testing.
- You have familiarity or understand the challenges behind building scalable distributed systems and have knowledge of common development practices to create, deploy, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot container-based software solutions.
- You are passionate about software and have a customer-focused mindset