At Unity, we believe that the world is better with more creators in it. One way we’re supporting this effort is by providing a suite of Game Backend Services, allowing game studios of any size to easily add Leaderboards, Cloud Save, Multiplayer and much more to their games in just a few lines of code. We want developers to spend their time and energy crafting fantastic games, rather than reinventing the wheel.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Game Backend team. You will be working within the team that works on services including Cloud Save and Cloud Code with an opportunity to influence key projects and help shape the future of the platform!
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, demonstrating lean and agile methodologies
- Work closely with other Unity teams around the world to ensure developers have a consistently excellent experience across all Unity services
- Learning about service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
What we’re looking for
- Desire to work in a team, learn from others, and offer your perspective
- Enthusiasm, self motivation and the ability to work under own initiative
- Familiarity with a back-end languages (e.g. Golang, C#, Java, Python)
- Awareness of unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
- Awareness of cloud platforms and database technologies
You might also have
- Experience building services in the cloud
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with Golang, our programming language of choice
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.