Software Engineer II, Console Tech - Valorant
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players via technical solutions. In Foundations, we focus on the game engine, content pipelines, developer workflows, and other critical core capabilities. As a Senior Software Engineer on Valorant's Foundations Console Developer Experience team, you will design and build solutions to improve the experience and efficiency of developers across the VALORANT organization as a multi-platform, continuous delivery studio. The tools and systems you create will enable a wide variety of internal stakeholders to develop for multiple consoles as seamlessly as possible alongside PC. Your work will touch a diverse set of technical areas in order to address needs wherever they exist. This role will report to the Engineering Manager on Foundations, Console Developer Experience.
- Create tools and systems that improve console developer experience and efficiency.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to address their pain points and exceed their expectations for what console development can be.
- Influence software engineering best practices for console development.
- Develop sustainable solutions that will ensure a consistent player experience across platforms.
- Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team.
- 4+ years experience in professional software development, having worked on at least one console game
- 2+ years professional experience with C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- Have collaborated on cross-team development efforts (3+ months in scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience building developer workflows
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.