Software Engineer II
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you an enthusiastic software engineer or programmer looking to join a team built on mutual respect and continuous learning? Are you able to tackle problems amidst ambiguity and the kind of teammate who always follows through on your commitments? If you said 'yes', this may be the role for you!
As a Software Engineer II on our team, you will own medium scale customer-facing applications and tools that are used to improve and augment the product experience. This role will focus on the component level of the product, with some influence on architecture, design, and systems, while taking cues from more senior team members and leadership. A successful teammate in this position is a proven task planner who can fix bugs in code across systems.
What You'll Take On
- Deliver solutions at the product component level with some system level impact, thinking in terms of accurate functionality, maintainability, and performance.
- Reduce technical debt while writing code, reuse existing code or libraries, and build software that is flexible without being over-engineered.
- Help the team evolve by working beyond assigned systems to enhance the engineering and delivery experience across the project.
- Contribute to processes and large-scale tools that improve product quality, including automated testing, metrics, build systems, release systems, and cross-platform compatibility and performance.
- Advise managers and ramp up peers on existing and in-development systems and products.
- Support recruiting and interviewing candidates to help grow the team.
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Well versed in design patterns with the ability to know when to apply them and seek additional feedback.
- Experience developing software for shipping one or more games on the Desktop, Xbox, or PlayStation platforms.
- Clear and concise communicator, with the ability to work closely with a diverse team of peers.
- Ability to solicit and apply constructive feedback.
- Familiarity with the Unity or Unreal Game Engines is nice to have, but not required.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work. Innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Team Mentality. We strive to build teams that work together and celebrate together through company events such as team gatherings, game release parties, monthly socials, and wellness programs.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.