Software Engineer II - Full Stack
About this Role
Fandom is growing! We are hiring multiple new Fullstack Software Engineering positions. This position can work anywhere in Poland remotely or if you prefer to work hybrid or in the Poznan office.
You will get to solve challenging problems at a large scale creating highly performing applications and services that power some of the biggest fan platforms on the internet with 350 million users, 300,000 communities and 4 billion page events every month. You will deploy applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment, gaining hands on experience across different infrastructures. You report to our Engineering Manager.
Why Fandom Engineering
- You work at SCALE - 300K databases supporting our wiki communities
- Your code goes to production with mature and fast processes
- The team is collaborative with experienced engineers
- You solve interesting and difficult problems
- Foundations from Wikipedia and Wikia
- Help build some of the biggest fan platforms on the Internet
- Gain experience across our stack, using the right technology for the job
- Take part in (and eventually lead) an end-to-end app and feature design process
- Improve web apps and services to perform best at a very big scale
- Help your team find the best processes to solve our various business challenges
- Courage for learning new technologies and stepping out of your comfort zone
- A drive to solve interesting and challenging problems at scale
- A strong eye for performance and scalability
- Passion for delivering well-structured, tested, maintainable and useful software
- Ability to communicate in English
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
- Highly-scaled web apps
- Docker and Kubernetes
Benefits & Perks
- Premium private medical and dental healthcare for you and your family - it's fully covered
- Private life insurance - UNUM - includes medical child assistance and general medical assistance in Poland
- Stock options
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan - 160 points every month to spend on Multisport, cinema tickets, or prepaid shopping cards (Allegro, Zalando, IKEA +)For our engineering full-time employees, we offer Copyright % dependent upon the position level
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.