Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core. We are working to bring bleeding edge FPS gaming to your phone.
If you're interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
EA’s Quality Engineering team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the QE effort at Industrial Toys. Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development.
In this role, you will constantly push the envelope in quality and design through cutting-edge tools and automation. You will contribute to developing an automation framework, setting up an automation platform, building performance metrics pipelines and improving our automation environment.
This individual should have well-rounded programming skills, be capable of working on all portions of a technology stack and be able to independently assess and estimate tasks. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
- 3+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, with at least one year in C++
- Experience with large-scale game engines (e.g., UE4 etc.)
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Ability to identify automation opportunities, gaps in coverage and proactively introduce innovative automation strategies into the overall development processes.
- Monitor product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Able to demonstrate strong ownership, solid drive to complete communicated objectives.
- Experience with source control management tools (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders, monitor requirements and proactively provide suggestions on processes that present room for improvement
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android software development.
- Experience developing automated tests that focus on performance scenarios, generating metrics to help evaluate game performance and evaluating metrics to spot performance issues
- 1+ years of professional experience with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software development best practices and API design for extensibility and portability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with software scripting skills (e.g., Python)
- Experience with managing mobile devices used for automated testing
Scope and Impact:
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools and platforms
- Own, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
- Instrument games and tools to enable automation and the collection of runtime metrics
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering automation results, from implementation to execution
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain libraries and scripts
- Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.