Software Engineer II (Mobile) - TFT, Around Game
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a software engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technologies, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Around Game team within Teamfight Tactics, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to enable the creation of features for the mobile version of TFT that support all aspects of the game. You will discuss and define the needs of art, design, and audio in a highly collaborative environment. You will build new technology to bring social, progression or reward systems to life for our players. As Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game, supporting PC, Android, and iOS, cross-platform experience would be beneficial. You will report to the Engineering Manager responsible for the Around Game team.
- Work with multi-disciplinary partners to ensure we’re delivering awesome features to excite them and our players
- Mentor junior engineers to develop technically sound features and foster a creative atmosphere in which all disciplines can shine
- Influence software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, and test/build/deploy processes
- Develop sustainable solutions, improving the engine and leaving it better than you found it
- 3+ years mobile or games industry engineering experience
- Deep expertise of C++ in a mobile environment
- Experience building, shipping and/or maintaining mobile apps or games
- Collaborative mindset and experience working with others disciplines
- Familiarity with iterative development methodologies like Scrum, Agile or equivalent experience
- Ability to be highly collaborative in a team environment split across time zones
- Experience writing or extending C++ game frameworks
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows & content pipelines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.