Software Engineer II
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate full stack software engineer who is excited to solve challenging platform safety problems. As a software engineer on Twitch's Sitewide Safety team, you will report to the Engineering Manager of Sitewide Safety and create features used by Twitch users and internal Safety operators to ensure our users have positive, safe experiences on Twitch.
You can work in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices with the team and Twitch
- Produce clean, high quality, and well tested code
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and other collaborators to build Safety products
- Partner with other engineering teams to collaborate on complex projects together
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Experience working with Git
- An opportunity to work with a diverse group of people
- Proficiency in full stack development
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services
- Experience building highly available and resilient systems
- Fluency in some subset of UI design, data modeling, algorithms, and database schema design
- A team with remote work experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7961