Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the critical platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA’s online gaming services such as marketplaces, social features, and leaderboards. As a Software Engineer III you will be accountable and responsible for design and delivery of foundational services and infrastructure that power EA’s online services. You will focus on creating new services and systems in collaboration with our divisional and studio partners, that create, maintain, and monitor the infrastructure, and simplifying infrastructure workflows. The work you do on PI&E will affect almost every game and every gamer that plays EA games.
What a Software Engineer III does on EA’s PI&E team:
- Architect and design cloud-based distributed systems that operate at high scale.
- Be a polyglot developer, capable of developing and maintaining software in multiple languages (GoLang, Java, NodeJS). Should also be familiar with or willing to learn configuration management / deployment solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Helm, and/or Terraform
- Develop code and solutions in the observability space, leveraging tools such as Kafka, Prometheus, Graphite, Logstash, ElasticSearch, and Grafana.
- Collaborate with product, program and project management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
- Develop creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features and production defects. Drive solution review by peers and partners.
- Collaborates with support teams and partners to debug and resolve production incidents with deployed products.
- Enhance EA’s engineering capabilities through tracking of peers, industry, segment, and technology. Be subject matter expert in their field and informed/knowledgeable about related fields, and roles.
- Support and mentor peer software engineers through advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Grow engineering teams through interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Interacts with, and contributes to, the open source software community as it intersects with our work.
The next great EA Engineer also needs:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineering team member
- Passionate about shipping high-quality services every day
- Demonstrated programming skills and experience across the application lifecycle - design, prototype, develop, build, deploy, integrate, upgrade, monitor and alert
- Experience building, deploying, running and supporting highly-available, high-scale, secure infrastructure, and distributed applications in a cloud service with Kubernetes
- Demonstrated capability to build provide both broad and deep technical leadership to an agile team
- BS Degree (Preferred) in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.