Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
What does the EA IT Employee Experience Engineering Team do?
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, the Employee Experience Engineering group is a new central technology team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining application and data services as well as enterprise mobile applications that support all employees throughout EA. Our goal is to produce high quality, reusable, services and web and mobile solutions that help each and every EA employee do their job and contribute to the goal of EA making the world’s greatest games.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineering Intern, your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the development of web applications and/or microservices that power and integrate our worker knowledge, collaboration, and productivity solutions. Working closely with your team lead and solution architect, you will scope and estimate future work, create and contribute to the codebase, fix bugs, and review others’ code.
The Next Great EA Software Engineering Intern needs to have:
● Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
● Experience programming in an OO language
● Experience designing and/or working with distributed systems
● Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
● Passion for solving hard problems with great people
Bonus Experience Points:
● and/or ● Service-Side Technologies such as NodeJS and/or Python
● Familiarity with Software Unit Testing
● Public Cloud Technologies such as AWS or Azure
● Interest in DevOps