Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer Summer Intern - Central Rendering Team - American Football
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
As a Software Engineer Intern on the Central Rendering Team, you will participate in feature development, bug fixing, maintenance of existing code, and implementing creative solutions for our teams' daily challenges.
This is a 3-month paid internship position.
- Analyze existing code bases and diagnose complex issues
- Perform bug fixes in existing features and the addition of new features
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements
- Collaborate with design team(s) to provide feedback and help create clear technical designs
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate in December 2023 to July 2024
- You are proficient with C++ programming language
- you have some knowledge of shaders, visual effects, image quality, and rendering
- You have some knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
- You have experience working with IDEs and using Source/Version Control (Visual Studio, Perforce, Git)
- You can test and debug the code of others competently
- You are passionate about building games and your development craft
- You know how to communicate your vision and ask clarifying questions of others
- You are eager to be collaborative with teams in building our creative and design elements
- You are and motivated about overcoming challenges and solving problems