Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer Summer Intern - Core Technology Group - American Football
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will participate in feature development, bug fixing, maintenance of existing code, and implementing creative solutions for our teams' daily challenges – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, or many other areas.
This is a 3-month paid internship position.
- Analyze existing code bases and help create designs
- Perform bug fixes in existing features and the addition of new features
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements
- Search for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements
- Collaborate with design team(s) to provide feedback and help create clear technical designs
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate in December 2023 to July 2024
- You are proficient in a programming language (C++ is desired)
- You have some knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
- You have experience working with IDEs and using Source/Version Control (Visual Studio, Perforce, Git)
- You can test and debug the code of others competently
- You are passionate about building games and your development craft
- You know how to communicate your vision and ask clarifying questions of others
- You are eager to be collaborative with teams in building our creative and design elements
- You are energetic and motivated about overcoming challenges and solving problems