Software Engineer- Java
Title – Software Engineer II
Location – Hyderabad
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experienced originators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About EA India - Electronic Arts India, a technology company and video game developer in India, brings together experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds with a shared experience inspiring the world to play. We prioritise your well-being with our great compensation package and benefit programmes, including potential annual performance bonuses and stock awards, and premium healthcare for you and your loved ones. you can also take advantage of our vibrant and dynamic studio facility which includes relaxation spaces, games, and a cafeteria to refuel and recharge.
About EADP – EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is important to making the industry’s best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
About role –EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for a Software Engineer II position. As a Software Engineer, you will be an experienced technical member of the central engineering team to design high throughput world class services at global scale for our next-generation games. If you like solving complex computing problems, are a passionate team player and succeed this is a great opportunity for you.
You will report to Engineering Manager
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technology or computer Science from Tier I institutions
· 4+ years Of IT experience as software engineer in J2SE and J2EE development teams
· Top-notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
· You have experience in REST API-based Microservices development & integration that includes long running orchestration services.
· Implementation Experience in RDBMS (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and good Analytics tools knowledge
· You have experience with databases such as Cassandra/Redis/DynamoDB
· Experience or Knowledge to distributed Caching solutions such as Redis/Memcache
· Development experience using Kafka, Elastic search, Gitlab and JIRA.
· CI/CD experience with Gitlab CI/CD or Jenkins or Maven
· Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG.
· Experience working in Agile development methodologies.
· Stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack.
· With an eagerness to constantly learn.
· Experience configuring services in AWS (preferred)
o S3, Aurora, IAM
o EC2, AWS Lambda, EKS
o Route 53, API Gateway, CloudFront,
o CloudFormation templates, CloudWatch
· Experience with Container Management preferably using EKS.
· Experience with gRPC-based service development.
· DevOps experience, CI/CD required.
· Experience working in a distributed global team.
About Electronic Arts –
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our modern games, services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits programme, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to succeed in both work and life.