Software Engineer - League PC Shanghai, Tools
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Riot Shanghai Studio supporting League PC, you will work in the Shanghai office. You’ll develop key League PC features. We will ask that you collaborate with technology owners across all other game projects to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners.
- Work and align with different partners that span across multiple teams to ensure we're delivering awesome features to excite them
- Design, build and maintain tools/processes to support cross-discipline efforts
- Set the tone for, contribute to, and define technical discussions/designs that your team oversees
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/test/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
Participate in the team's support rotation
- 3+ years of deep hands-on experience with compiled programming languages (C/C++, Java, Go, or C#)
- 2+ years of experience in a C-style game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with C/C++ that spans several use-cases and platforms
- Record of delivering organizational/customer value that has span multiple years
- Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, testing, delivery performance, scalability, and maintainability
- 2+ years of experience in the video game industry that includes working within multiple game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment, etc.) and a portfolio of delivered games
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.