Software Engineer - Live Content Support
Location: Los Angeles, CA and Vancouver, BC offices
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
The Apex Legends Live Content team is a many-sided group of developers that deals with the store, seasonal content, events, challenges, retention, engagement, player messaging, and more. You'll work with product managers, artists, producers, and QA to support and build upon the live game.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to a Senior Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Identify and fix bugs, working with the live team and product team to quickly resolve issues
- Contribute to a team focused on seasonal events and store-related content
- Work with Product teams to solve technical problems and create solutions to improve Apex store and seasonal content
- Participate in code reviews and technical discussions team members
- 5+ years experience writing scalable, testable, performant code and script
- 2+ years of hands-on C\C++ Experience. You understand and can debug on a large codebase
- Been part of a team that has shipped at least one AAA title
- Experience working with web services and scripting languages (Squirrel Script/Lua/PHP)
- Live game development experience on a AAA title
- Game Platform experience preferred - Origin/Steam/PS4/Xbox/Switch
- Experience with automated testing and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience making and playing games.
- CS degree preferred or equivalent work experience