Software Engineer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for millions of players worldwide. We've pioneered award-winning creative technology and experiences to connect players to the speed, skill, and heart of the NHL. The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of diverse talent dedicated to creating on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with an experience with your craft, this will be more than a job. It'll be what you love.
We are looking for an experienced engineer or someone interested in expanding their knowledge in the Online area. Our Online engineers develop and extend features in the game to facilitate a more connected and socially interactive game experience. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games. You will report directly to the Technical Director and Development Director.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- Work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialogue to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, client/server, peer-to-peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of database technologies.
- Experience with networking protocols, client/server, peer-to-peer, multi-threaded architectures.
- Experience with real-time game networking.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):º $130,250 - $199,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):º $120,450 - $161,750
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):º $120,450 - $199,400
• Jersey City, NJ :º $147,400 - $199,400
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.