Software Engineer, QA
The Platform Graphics team at Unity is looking for a talented and creative engineer to help build the next generation of shader technologies. The team is working to reinvent how shaders work inside of Unity and need a guide to help define what quality and success would look like for our users. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a team that is working on critical tech that will be important to Unity's future success. You will work as part of the team to drive quality, build tests, give feedback, and work with our users to ensure we are meeting their needs
What you’ll be doing
- Build projects, shaders, and samples that can be used by the team to verify the functionality and performance of the new shader system
- Document test plans that detail how testing will be done for new features and functionality of the shader system
- Report feedback through code reviews, test reports, and bugs
- Review incoming bugs and investigate to reproduce and find more information for our developers
- Drive quality improvements within the shader team and across the platform teams to boost our engineering velocity and stability
What we’re looking for
Max 5 bullets
- Knowledge and experience working with and writing shaders
- Experience with cross platform development and testing
- Passion for software quality and a curiosity about how systems work and how to find their weak points.
- Communication skills to be able to convey clear and concise feedback for your team and capture feedback from our users
You might also have
- Aim to continually look for opportunities to learn and improve your skills and knowledge
- Respectful of your team, peers, users, and everyone else
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.