Software Engineer, QA - SDET
A position for a Senior Software Engineer in XR Quality is now open for a meticulously hard working engineer with a passion for quality assurance. Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens, across Mobile, Desktop, and Consoles, coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. On the XR team we go bold while still maintaining a focus on quality over quantity.
For our customers to build immersive experiences, they need a reliable and stable game engine. As a Senior Software Engineer in XR Quality, you will engage with our developers and partners to test the latest XR platform features and experiences, and ensure quality from inception to sunset of a project. You will work with passionate engineers from all around the world to raise our quality bar and help deliver the features that have powered the most successful VR games! Your work will ensure that our customers can quickly integrate new XR technologies and easily deploy to a wide variety of platforms.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with other QA and our developers to lend advice and revise our automated test suite
- Test updates to our XR APIs and platform integrations
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Interact and connect with external partners and react to changing priorities
What we’re looking for
- A proven track record of shipping large, sophisticated software projects and driving quality
- Prior experience testing in a game engine, Unity, and/or in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Experience developing automated tests using C# (.Net Core)
- Cross-platform working experience on some of the following platforms: Windows, Unix/Linux, Android, iOS, or MacOS
- Knowledge of CI/CD with Git or Mercurial
You might also have
- Experience on automation systems like Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Ardent about customer experience and product quality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to partners, internal and external to the company
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.