Software Engineer, Quality, Platform Graphics
Our mission in the Platform Graphics team is to make Unity the best engine choice for developers on every device, and we love to work together with Unity developers to make their games even more incredible!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our multinational Platform Graphics team. You’ll be a trusted part of the group, working on significant improvements and groundbreaking features for Unity on multiple platforms, such as those owned by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony.
Unity is used in a huge and diverse range of console games across all genres. You will have the opportunity to develop and influence technology used by developers in studios all over the world. You’ll also be given the time and support to grow your knowledge in technical areas you’re interested in.
You’ll work with us in a couple of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors. Our office environment is informal, relaxed and frequently full of cake. With your help, titles built with Unity will continue to be some of the best games on desktop, consoles and mobile.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with our developers to provide implementation support and expertise across all functions of quality in our product
- Investigate and provide context and technical details on reported issues
- Build test projects and examples that showcase and validate Unity on our supported platforms
- Develop, maintain and extend our test projects, test cases and automated tests
- Connect with peers and teams across Unity to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of what we make on our platforms
What we’re looking for
- Experience using Unity or equivalent game engine
- Experience with an object oriented programming language such as C# or C++
- An observant and analytical approach to problem solving backed up with a high level of personal motivation
- Confident communicating with colleagues and customers
You might also have
- Self-motivated to become a better engineer and teammate
- Prior experience developing or testing games
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
"Relocation support is not available for this position.”
"Immigration - "Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position."
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.