Software Engineer - Respawn QE
Software Engineer - Respawn QE
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by
former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and
Modern Warfare franchises. We have shipped titles such as Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Apex
Legends, Jedi:Fallen Order, and Jedi:Survivor. We are now hiring for our Star Wars FPS
team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from
home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
A chance for an accomplished software engineering professional to move into and grow
within the fast-paced world of unreal engine game development in the Star Wars universe.
You will report directly to the Technical Director and contribute to our engineering efforts by
working with our game development and testing teams to create tools, services, and
automation to support our games being released with the highest quality.
● BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
● 3+ years professional experience in C++ programming languages.
● Demonstrate excellent technical problem solving skills under iteratively changing
requirements during game development.
● Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements
definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining
● Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies.
● Experience with Unreal Engine.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
● Implement and expand tools, automation, and systems needed to support quality game
● Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members.
● Enable all parties in the game development process - quality assurance, designers,
producers, and other engineers
● Be a critical partner to driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest
You will be an important contributor in Respawn's latest approach for ensuring its games
meet the highest possible software quality standards.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realise it takes excellent people to make outstanding games; we offer great compensation
packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Electronic Arts prioritises its employees and we are proud to offer great perks such as
comprehensive health and benefit packages, 401k match, bonuses and RSU's, student loan
assistance, tuition reimbursement, gym credits, free video games, and more.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $114,200 - $166,200
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $99,900 - $166,200
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $131,600 - $168,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $99,900 - $141,800
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $99,900 - $168,400
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.