Software Engineer - Server
Software Engineer - Server
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Pogo has been the leader in online casual games since 1998. Featuring a growing library of 60+ titles spanning popular genres like Solitaire, Mahjong, Match 3, and more, Pogo exists to be the best destination for online casual games. We aim to produce high-quality HTML5-powered games with metagames and social mechanics, all while working across desktop, tablet and mobile. Our fans and subscribers come to Pogo for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, new games, and a live service that delivers!
We are looking for a Server Engineer on Pogo engineering team to help architect, develop and maintain backend services, tools and infrastructure for the Pogo platform.
In this key role, you will report directly to the Associate Technical Director and have a high level of interaction with Pogo engineering team members, development directors and EA Central teams. Pogo Engineering manages the Pogo platform that consists of Progressive WebApp and Java Backend deployed on AWS that supports more than 60 HTML5 games. As part of the engineering team.
You will help implement and maintain backend services, internal tools, automating our processes and troubleshooting large-scale, high-throughput systems.
Main Responsibilities (What you will do)
- Develop stable, scalable and efficient code using common software engineering design patterns and paradigms on the back end.
- Enhance and maintain Pogo platform infrastructure to ensure it continues to be efficiently maintained and is secure, scalable with high availability.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements for the live platform
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain development standards
- Work with partners to translate requirements into technical design and provide estimates.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on technologies and tools that will improve the usability, performance and reliability of our platform
Qualifications (What you know how to do)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- 2+ years hands-on experience on cloud based infrastructure.
- Experienced technical leader that is well organized and has ability to lead technical teams
- Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST / Protobuf / TLS
- Proficient in Java, J2EE/Spring/Spring Boot/GRPC on the backend
- Proficient in technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless architecture
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of backend services
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Good to Have:
- Experience in game industry is a plus.