Software Engineer - Sitewide Safety
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate full stack software engineer who is excited to solve challenging technical problems. As a software engineer at Twitch, you will create features used by Twitch users ensure our users have positive, safe experiences on Twitch. Safety is a top priority at Twitch, and engineers on our team have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide array of teams and tech stacks. You will report to the Engineering Manager of External Sitewide Safety.
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices with the team and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality, and well tested code
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and other collaborators to build Safety products
- Partner with other engineering teams to support complex programs
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- 1+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in full stack development
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services
- Experience building available and resilient systems
- Fluency in some subset of UI design, data modeling, algorithms, and database schema design
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $143,700 - $194,400 yr and in New York City is $158,100 - $213,800 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7806
#LI-Remote #RemoteFriendly #Engineering