Software Engineer (Unity) Co-op (Fall '22)
Glu Mobile is a part of the Electronic Arts (EA) family, one of the largest games developers in the world.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
Members of the team are based at Glu Toronto and Crowdstar in San Francisco. We have delivered and run top grossing titles enjoyed by millions of players, including Covet Fashion and Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. We understand that it takes passionate people to make great games and maintain a culture of collaboration. Working at Glu will provide you with the challenges and the support to grow as a game developer.
Due to COVID-19 the Toronto office will not be fully open at the start of the work term. The term will be partly if not completely remote (working from home) depending on how the situation evolves.
Making something that is lasting fun is challenging work. You will work on features, UI and supporting systems for the Unity game app. As a co-op student, you will not be stuck in a corner to work alone on a side project. You will work with a team of dedicated software engineers, designers and artists to provide new experiences to our players. You will report to the Associate Technical Director. Through the work term you will gain experience on what it takes to deliver a new top tier title to market. This role suits someone that is motivated to learn but also to execute.
- You will code, collaborate on and maintain game systems
- You will follow best practice and optimization guidelines and procedures
- You will participate in sprint planning and task estimation
- You will receive mentorship and always learn and improve
And your skills and experience include:
- Second year or above Computer Science major and completed a co-op work term
- Solid programming fundamentals
- Experience with C# or C++
- Experience with version control and IDEs
- Experience with Unity or another game engine
- Experience with Android and iOS development
- Experience shipping a game title
- Must be available for a Full Time (40 hours / week) Co-op that will run from September - Mid December.
- Candidates must be graduating no earlier than December 2022.