Generalist Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, Orlando, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Generalist Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
- Roughly 70-80% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Work with designers, content creators and engineers to design, architect, implement and polish user facing features.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with proprietary engine, database and content management technologies.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development
- Skills debugging complex applications
- Experience working with database system
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience working with UI is a bonus, but not required