Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a UI Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build new engine features, tools and establish new workflows that enable the team to do their best work. You will collaborate with a wide range of disciplines on game features and work closely with our UX Designers and Artists to help fully realize their visions.
- Contribute to the creation of a new, robust UI framework.
- Hands on development of UI tech and content shipping within a live game environment.
- Collaborate with designers, artists and other engineers on features and systems.
- Design, implement, test, debug and document high quality C++ code.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Take on the personal responsibility and pride of the continued success of Apex Legends.
- 5+ years’ experience of professional game development.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 2D math.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Great UI/UX design sensibilities regarding intuitive and clear user flows.
Nice to Have
- CS degree or equivalent education.
- An interest in UI/UX accessibility.
- Shipped at least one AAA game.
- Experience working on a live service game.
- Experience with other UI systems: UMG, Unity UI, Flash, ImGui, WPF, Qt, etc.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $143,150 - $221,750
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $130,600 - $221,750
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $130,600 - $221,750
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $130,600 - $181,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.