EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Server Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
This is a temporary full-time (12-months) opportunity.
- Mix of hands-on coding and release management for large Java projects, using SQL databases.
- Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend services creating new features and updating existing ones.
- Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment.
- Work with multiple clients and platforms that use the features you create to complete user facing experiences.
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding.
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Java.
- 2+ years of experience working on online services/servers (HTTP via REST).
- Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL preferred).
- Solid communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Software design/architecture process.
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit).
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse.
- Nice to have - experience with GCP.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location. EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $43 - $65
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $38 - $65
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $38 - $65
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $38 - $54
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $38 - $65
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.