Software Engineering Lead, Platform Systems
Our mission in the Console Platforms team is to empower our users to build outstanding games on Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles. Crafting a great user experience, unlocking the potential of console-specific features & services, and enabling Unity games to run as fast as possible on the hardware are among the things that drive us. We also love supporting Unity developers, to help make their games even more incredible!
This role is a combination of technical leadership and people management. As a Software Engineering Lead you will run a team of engineers, helping to define our roadmap and set priorities as well as joining the development effort yourself. You will coordinate with teams and engineers across Unity to help build the best user experience possible on our platforms.
Unity is used in a huge and diverse range of console games across all genres. You will have the opportunity to develop and influence technology used by developers big and small, in studios all over the world.
Unity offers very flexible working, allowing you to find a balance between time spent working from home and in the office.
With your help, titles built with Unity will continue to be some of the best games on current and future console platforms!
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of skilled engineers, defining clear goals and accountability for individuals, as well as providing team members with growth opportunities and new challenges
- Directly contributing to the maintenance and development of our codebase
- Helping identify which improvements will bring the most value to our users, then planning and prioritising to enable the team to deliver these
- Coordinating with Engineering, QA, Product and Program Management teams to deliver an outstanding Unity experience on our target platforms
What we’re looking for
- Proven C++ and Software Engineering skills
- Strong communication skills and an "In it together" approach to collaboration
- The ability to coach and mentor team members
- A customer-centric and empathetic approach to supporting users
You might also have
- Experience leading cross-team collaborative projects from initiation to completion
- Familiarity with game engine architecture concepts
- Experience developing with Unity and C#
- A passion for console platforms and games
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.