Software Engineering Manager, Accelerate Solutions Studios
At Unity, we're building a world-class game development team to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase our technologies at their best!
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll encourage, direct and help us build and grow an internal game studio. As part of our successful Accelerate Solutions business, this new group will bring together designers, artists and engineers to build full games as well as custom solutions such as SDKs for customers of Unity.
Partnering with our Web3 focused gaming customers doesn’t mean you need blockchain specific knowledge, though the desire to learn more and surround yourself with others who have the know-how and skills is a key part of this role.
We want to help drive player-centric solutions for building Unity games that use Web3 technology. For that, we need a person with incredible technical excellence and a strong desire to craft Web3 games in a way that matches our own values and the values of gamers all over the world.
As a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports or travel to customers’ offices primarily within your region.
We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and this includes Web3 creators. Join us to help make a difference in the future of Web3 gaming.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the entire programming team, working with our customers to build games using the Unity engine and its services.
- Make key decisions across engineering, quality, technology, organizational growth, resourcing and recruiting to help release more games made with Unity
- Understand our customer's needs and ensure the technical vision is understood by our teams and partners so a game delivers excellent player happiness and maximum enjoyment.
- Lead by example and develop high programming standards with the team.
- Support colleagues and business development teams to assist with pre-sales and qualification of opportunities
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge & proven game experience in leading an impactful team of game developers.
- Expert knowledge & programming experience in C++ / C#
- Comfortable when it comes to interacting and explaining ideas to customers and executives that don’t possess a technical background.
- Deep understanding of software design practices including architecture, software design patterns and algorithmic solutions.
- A practical and commercially aware approach to games development.
You might also have
- Experience in designing and launching a live game on multiple platforms.
- Built DApps on chains like Ethereum and Solana
- Has developed fun gameplay concepts, ideas and features that keep players wanting more.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.