Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be part of the technical leadership team of Ubisoft Technology Group, the go-to central team that provides cutting edge technology for our games. Based in Europe you will act as a strategic point of contact for European Studios and Project leaders regarding our products, services and collaborations. Through your regular contacts with European leaders, you will play an important role at making our presence in Europe impactful and significative.
Our teams are distributed over multiple studios in France, UK, Romania and Canada, as a European leader you’ll have a strategic role to play at making sure our teams and engineers have all the local support they need as well as keeping aligned and connected with the rest of the group.
What you’ll do
- Actively contribute to our long-term technical and business strategy
- Manage and develop a team of leads, managers, and engineers to plan, design, and deliver complex, broad scale systems that span several departments or functions.
- Create an environment built on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement.
- Install best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work
- Practice Agile project management and delivery (prioritization, planning of projects and features) rooted in DevOps and Agile principles
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define a cross-group technical direction that fits well with our overall architecture
- Advocate for efficiency and operational excellence in the services your teams build
What you bring
- Strong communication skills and experience managing both upward and downward.
- Strong technical background. Engineering / technical degree is an positive, but not required
- Track record of strong people management in the technical domain. Managing managers a plus
- Demonstrated ability to break down large, complex problems into deliverables and able to hit deliverables on time
- Experience in partnering with product and program management leaders
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated drive and technical acumen.
- English fluency, French is a strong plus.
About the Technology Group (TG)
At the TG, we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Consultez ce guide qui a pour but de vous accompagner dans votre candidature, et découvrez nos actions pour encourager plus de diversité et d'inclusion.