Software Program Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Program Manager
Do you want to drive end-to-end delivery of math, computer vision, and communication libraries to enable high performance computing and machine learning workloads at Exascale? AMD is searching for a talented and motivated program manager to join the GPU libraries team developing libraries as part of the AMD Radeon Open Ecosystem (ROCm).
You are accustomed to working in a dynamic, geographically distributed agile team, where partnership and collaboration are paramount. You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail. You will draw on your technical background and proven experience in delivering software to engage with key partners at all levels, from driving technical discussions with developers through communication with executives.
- Work closely with engineering managers, software developers and product managers to drive project planning and execution of math, computer vision, and communication library projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups across AMD Radeon Technology Group through the product life cycle, from definition to successful delivery of releases
- Dive deep into technical aspects of the program to manage and resolve cross-team dependencies and coordinate cross-team initiatives between software development teams
- Working hand-in-hand with engineering counterparts across the global sites to plan/align budget, head count, operational efficiencies
- Participating in the development of project plans and schedules; must be able to develop and improve processes for project tracking and risk mitigation
- Support engineering management in resource planning (people and materials), as well as driving execution, including time-to-market and R&D efficiency
- Working collaboratively with engineering management to drive excellence in the AMD program management community to supervise key metrics and help continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of high-performance computing, machine learning, and GPU software development
- In-depth knowledge of best-practices in software development, including testing, profiling, debugging, documentation, version control, issue tracking, and planning
- Good presentation and leadership skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing complex, interrelated software projects and programs using agile methodologies
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Experience working with open-source projects
- PMP certification is desirable, but not required
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent are preferred.
- Advanced degrees, such as M.Sc., M.Eng., MBA, or Ph.D. are preferred.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 164843
Country: Canada Province: Alberta City: Calgary
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.